Thursday, July 5, 2007

Labor or not?

I guess the most frustrating part of the process is waiting for labor to start as if I'm expecting the big bang or something. I woke up with a little discomfort in my back, and cramping in my abdomen. I am feeling nauseous and would love to go back to sleep. Dapo went back to bed after comforting me through the pain I was feeling. But, I could be feeling the lightening, or it could be labor. I guess if it were labor I would know it. Or so I think. The thing that had me concerned is that I could not feel the baby as much today as I focused on whether or not what I was feeling lined up with what the books say to look for. If need be, I can call my Dr. tomorrow and either present at the hospital to be checked, or go into his office.
We prayed for Godly wisdom to help us discern between true and false labor, altough I am not able to put any kind of a tag on anything I'm feeling. The main thing is that I'm going to look for something to happen consistently, and when it does, that's how I'll know.
We don't want to wait too long to determine labor symptoms, as my mom has at least an 8 hr commute ahead of her, depending on what time of the day I call her. Delta has five flights scheduled out of PDX headed to ATL (the most common hub for flying into HSV). Those times are 6 am, 730 am, 1130 am, 2 pm, and 10 pm. We also do not want to issue a five alarm alert, either, and have her sit around and twiddle her thumbs while her quarterly taxes sit unfiled at work.
At the appointed time, the Lord will take him from my womb. As the Bible says in the 71st Psalm, "By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother's womb."

No comments: