Friday, September 5, 2008

Waffling on Waffles

Mmm...I woke up to the smell of waffles this morning. Or, so I thought. That is, until I actually woke up and realized that there were no waffles, and there were no pleasant maple aromas. I dreamed that I was invited over to a member of our church's house (Amy Sanderson). Amy is the sister of Dana, who is pregnant with her third child and has been informed that they couldn't capture the sex of the baby on u/s because the baby was moving too much (I found that out on Wednesday at church).

So it was Amy who was throwing a party/women's ministry at her house. I was an hour and forty minutes late. In fact, it started at 7 and it was 8:35 when I checked the time. I felt bad that I was late, and knew the food would be gone, so I had brought my own. I knew they had made waffles (yes, for a 7pm party) and so I brought my Kashi strawberry waffles from home (as an aside, I'm sure the reason they made it into the dream was that I tried to look for them at Costco on Wed and they were out).

When I arrived, I pulled out the half-eaten plastic waffle bag and said, "I hope you don't mind, I brought my own". The downside, though, was that they weren't finished making waffles, and even though I had changed my mind and wanted to eat theirs, I had to eat my own because I had said I brought them. I watched in envy as they painstakingly poured the waffle batter onto the iron, and as the irons steamed. I shuffled my feet over to the toaster, and plopped mine in. It smelled SO good.

If you can believe it, I didn't really want waffles when I woke up. I guess I had had enough. Oh, I also dreamed I was laying in a big, open field and was trying to sleep under the moon and stars without a blanket. Turns out, I was actually sleeping in a king bed with a cover hog.

No comments: