Friday, July 18, 2008

Proprosal

It has been a long time since I've blogged. I've had more strange "pregnant" dreams of late. One of them, last Friday, involved me and an all girls church softball team. Jimi's nursery teacher at church was the shortstop. All of the other girls weren't very good and kept on throwing the ball and not hitting their targets, letting more runs score. The catcher kept throwing to me, except they would either roll on the ground too far away from me, or go zooming over my head. I finally yelled, "quit throwing the [deleted f-bomb] ball!"

Two nights ago I had my third ex-boyfriend dream in as many months. The moms at our play group tell me it is a perfectly normal pregnant dream. This was was about Gary. He was a boyfriend of mine in junior high. He showed up, and asked me to marry him. He got down on one knee, and gave me a ring which was too small for my finger. I wound up wearing it while I "thought about" whether or not to marry Gary. At some point during my contemplation, the dream revealed that the baby was not Dapo's, but Gary's, even though Jimi is Dapo's. So, the plot thickened as I worried about explaining to Dapo that I had been unfaithful. I found a way to tell him, and I don't remember him being too upset.

So, I told Gary the next day I didn't want to marry him. He got all upset and told me he had already booked the church and I had to. I told him I didn't want to and what kind of idiot books a church before he knows whether the girl he proposed to is saying yes? He wound up threatening to sue me over the money he paid to the church. I laughed and told him to go ahead and try and that no judge in their right mind would judge in favor of him. He said, "are you going to accept the Fed-ex, then?" I felt trapped, because if I said yes, it might be papers that I was being served with, and if I said no, it could be papers that I needed access to. I just said, "we'll see" and left it at that. That really is the type of guy he was.

The whole dream was strange, but the weirdest part was that he wanted to sue me because I wouldn't marry him. I am really glad I waited the extra time and married a great guy like Dapo.

No comments: