Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Two Beaches and Softball

Last night I dreamt about a girl on our softball team that had a cabin. Dapo, she and I went to the house. You had to walk on a narrow beach with a railing to get there (similar to the wall in Wipeout I watched before going to bed). Once we were there I noticed that the beach was beginning to get swallowed up because the tide was beginning to rise. We weren't going to be able to get home. I told Dapo about it, and by the time he would do something about it, we were trapped. I threw a harpoon (we just watched fools gold, where a guy gets shot in the leg with one) at a raft and anchored it so that we could have a mode of transportation to get supplies. Don't ask how the raft didn't become punctured and unusable.

So Jessica (the girl from softball) started making sandwiches and there were ants with kidney bean bodies all over. Yes, I made red beans and rice for dinner last night. The ants were just sitting on the prepared food, so I asked her why she was just letting them sit there and she said that there were so many of them that she didn't bother. I had Dapo come in and take care of the pests. That is his job in real life, too. I will never forget the time we were dating and playing pool at my old house and a rather large spider ran across the room and I shrieked and he caught AND killed it with his bare hands. He has been my hero ever since.

Then we started going through the house and the girl from softball turned into a girl from church, Cheryl, who has a son a couple of months older than Jimi. It was a seldom used cabin, so there were some dusty areas and things and when I realized I was going to have to sleep there I started looking for creepy things like dust bunnies, bugs, etc. It wasn't long before we decided to take the raft into the forest and that's when I woke up.

The next dream I had this morning, during a nap. My old friend from high school Brenda Compton (although she is married now, with a new last name which I can't remember) was the main character. She lived even further from town than I did by a couple of miles, and would give me rides. She was (probably still is) an AWESOME softball player. I find it interesting that I had been thinking about our softball game last night before falling asleep. In the dream, I went back to my parent's neighborhood, down to a house that used to be the owner of the Pro Shop. A bunch of my hoodlum friends broke into this house once in real life to steal the guy's liquor. I went along with it, and got into a fair amount of trouble as a result.

In the dream it was Brenda's house. I wasn't going there to see her, I was just going to see the house. As I got close to the door, I realized that Brenda was there, sunbathing topless. She hurried inside and said she'd be right out. Meanwhile, I noticed that instead of the house being at the end of a culdesac, it was at the beginning of a sandy beach. Eventually I went into the house, where she lived with her husband. That's all I remember about that one.

I think it is interesting that both dreams had beaches in them and both dreams have softball ties in them. I know I was thinking about softball, but I didn't know I was thinking about the beach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to watch wipeout... everyone is raving about it. I bet B would do good on it... and you too, if you werent preggers.