Monday, June 25, 2007

Again??

After having a poor weigh-in last week I dreamt that I gained 60 lbs the next visit, and I just got of the scale as if I had expected it to be so. At the last checkup my Doctor suggested my rapid gain was due to water retention, growth of the baby, etc. I suggested it was ice cream. I started being very cognizant about the types of food I was eating, refusing pickles, packaged foods, and even ice cream. Dr. Rushing even mentioned that it might flutctate to where I gain 6 and then lose a few with the water. SO imagine my surprise when I get to the Doctor today and have gained another 5.5 lbs. Ay yi yi. I gained 12 lbs the entire pregnancy up until the 12 lbs these last four weeks.

In other news, my blood pressure was up a little, coming in at 130/84. I saw another Doctor from the rotation today, who measured my uterus at 38 cm. I am 36 1/2 weeks along, so that is bigger than how far along I am. Although, I am pretty sure about the date of my last period, I cannot be certain about when the baby will be born. I do know that if I go all 40 wks I will be able to make it. The Dr. today suggested there is nothing to be concerned about unless I gain more like 10 lbs. I'm not worried, but I did call my mom and tell her to buy her plane tickets, though.

No comments: