Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Water retention

This is just one for the records...I am retaining water, even though I am endeavoring to do all the "right" things like abstain from salt, drink water, etc. It occured to me that dear people who are trying to make me feel less horrible about gaining 12 lbs in 4 weeks (vs. the first 12 I gained in the first 32 weeks) are just not using good logic. They say it is because I am retaining water. Yes, I am, but do you know what 12 pounds of water looks like? It is the equivilant of 1.5 gallons of water.

So then they say, oh, well, the baby is growing. Yes, and if the baby just gained 12 pounds, I would like a special ribbon or award. Especially if I have a vaginal birth.

1 comment:

Eso said...

We have "feel the power" hand dryers at work. As I was drying my hands, I could see my skin flapping around on my hands. The same could be seen on my arms as well. There is a lot of water running around this body.