Friday, June 8, 2007

Dreams - strange and vivid

I have had some of the strangest dreams in my last trimester. I had odd dreams in my first trimester, usually consisting of a food type. However, the dreams I have been having lately are just bizzare. I'm not sure if it's the ice cream or my hormones.

Recently I have dreamt that I was pulled over by a police officer who approached my car, gun drawn. So, to be fair, I drew my weapon as well, and pointed it at him. I guess I felt threatened? Anyhow, he told me to lower the gun so I did. When I rolled down my window he told me I was under arrest for an unregistered gun, and I was going to jail. Well, I obviously had a weapon, so I couldn't tell him I didn't. BUT, I knew for a fact it was registered and I spent the majority of the dream trying to prove it was so I didn't go to jail. I called Dapo and told him to go down to the registration office and look through the papers, because it was probably sitting on someone's desk. The dream ended before I ever made it to jail or proved I was right.

I have really been feeling the baby full force, kicking for his life it seems at times. Perhaps that is why I dreamt that his foot came out of my neck. It was so strange that everyone else was so nonchalant about the fact an infant's foot was sticking out and I was the only one befuddled by it.

The other night I had a dream that Tim Bales and my friend Angela from high school (who dated in high school and have long since been broken up) were visiting. Sometimes people in your dreams are representing someone, but it isn't really them. But, this really was how they both really look, except that
Tim had gained weight in his face and Angela looked just the same but older. I haven't seen or spoken to either of them in over ten years. Where we were trying to get to was up a perpendicular highway. So they offered to drive me, but I chose instead to drive with a lady from church named Linda. When I got in the car I realized she was stoned, and wished I had gone with them. When we got to the point in the road that we needed to turn back she made the turn okay and then I was able to settle down. We got to a hotel where the elevators didn't quite work right. You would push a button and it would not go to that floor. Sometimes the door would open and I would see other people from church.

In a separate dream I rear-ended Opal (a lady from church)'s car. I think that her entrance into my dream was prompted by Pastor having her share her testimony on Wednesday night. After I rear-ended her I felt so bad, but there was no time to waste, because a tornado had come by and we had to help clean up. Pastor Mark was seen driving the mini van to a hotel to drop off his dry cleaning. Pastor Rhonda was going around smiling, Belinda was there facilitating the installation of the windows of the new church building which had been blown out by the tornado. Lots of cameos were made by other church members as well.

In general, I have dreamt a lot about hotels, elevators, tornadoes and people that I know from a LONG time ago (Shelly Sloop...when last did I see her? 1988?) as well as people I've just met (at least three dreams of late involving church members from AL) and any possible mix of inbetween (family, friends).

3 comments:

Eso said...

I had a dream on Saturday night that I was in labor...my first labor dream. I was in labor, and I saw myself swaying over the bed with my elbows on the bed. It was just like having a backache. But the interesting point here is that I watched myself labor, like a third person.

Eso said...

I had another dream where I lived with Carrie Dodge and she kept leaving the new dishwasher (that Dapo and I just bought in real life) door open, and her cat kept going into the dishwasher. I asked her to keep the door closed, but she refused, because the cat liked to lick the dishwater. After relaying this dream to her, I had another dream that she and Jeremy and Dapo and I were at a large amusement park and Dapo wanted to go a different way than we were going, and I tugged on his arm and made him fall. I felt bad because it embarrassed him.

Eso said...

Last night I dreamt that I had to get to San Diego and there were two different routes, hwy 39 &43. One went more towards the coast, and the other went more towards Seattle. (It is worth noting that Pastor Mark's illustration yesterday talked about a pilot wanting to get to San Diego could wind up in Seattle if his navigation was only slightly off.) Anyhow, I took the route that lead towards the ocean. Dapo was not with me. As I went down towards the water I could see how beautiful and turquoise the water was (like along the Gulf Coast). I was putting on a life jacket and had one arm in as I said to myself, "now all I have to do is be carefulllllllllll" as I stepped over the edge of a wave/waterfall and began to drop. I didn't hit anything, the dream just advanced to the next scene where I was meeting Dapo and he wanted to go the same route, but I told him he would have to take a detour because of the big waves. So, we were on a detour. We wound up stopping at an apartment in one of the towns on the map and Jeremy Dodge was there handing out "complementary" tickets to the movie theatre. The only problem was that they were misfits and mismatches. i.e. one ticket to a show in 45 minutes, three tickets to a show that already started, etc. no two tickets for us to see together. So, then we called my mom's work and told her we'd be there after we left San Diego. Strange dream.