Friday, June 29, 2007

Three Weeks and Counting

So we have only 21 days left before the arrival of Baby Eso...
My parents have (finally) purchased their tickets and will be here on Friday, July 20th. As my other post states, my largest complaint is the water retention. It is not just my ankles, but up into my calves, my hands, arms and face.
I have started to get a little heart burn at night, and have had a lot more backaches. Usually I am able to move my back around and get it to pop, relieving the pressure. Dapo has been wonderful about giving me backrubs and massage.
I am working again, so I don't know if it is the added activity during the day or just the impending birth but I have become a lot more tired. I would go to bed by 9 each night if I could be home and fed by then. Work is really good about letting me go home when I feel tired, but on Mondays and Wednesdays (church) and Thursdays (childbirth class) we have activities in town which keep me here even though I could go. And, it is too far to go there and back.
My belly button has not popped out yet, although it seems to be threatening to do so any day now.
I have given up trying to monitor my diet this week. I will meal plan this weekend and go grocery shopping for perhaps a better scale reading next Dr. visit.
Dapo and I bought a little CRV this week. It is used, a 1998 in fact. We traded in the Purple Truck, aka my 1995 Civic. We needed something I could drive which has A/C, and 4 doors for the baby. We called the same guy (Dwight) who sold us our Accord last year and he gave us a good deal on it. Dapo has been driving it this week, but it will be used by me in a limited role as I'll be working from home and will I just need something cool that I can get the baby into and out of.
I guess that is all for now. Stay tuned for another post coming up on Tuesday.

No comments: