Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Catch up

This post is to catch all of us up. With our recent move, we are far away from all the curious people of our lives, and what better way to update everyone at once than a blog.

I'm currently in the last trimester of my first pregnancy, at 28 weeks. At our twenty week visit my husband, Dapo, and I learned that we are having a boy. That excited us both. We didn't care either way, but are excited to have a baby boy join our family.

I have had a very good pregnancy, thanks to God for that. I did not have any morning sickness. I basically ate, peed and slept for the first 12 weeks. Right around then we told our family and friends the good news. We got our first glimpse of Jr. at the Dr's for our 11 week visit. They could not find the heartbeat (most likely thanks to my "insulation"), so they took us to ultrasound. We saw another ultrasound at 16 weeks. We found out the sex on the 20th week. We heard the heart beat for the first time at 24 weeks. That was pretty cool, too, but I like seeing the baby better. His heart beat was 153, and I thought, "the Kid has good rhythm". Not surprising!

I started feeling Jr. kick after the 16 week visit. The RN had just asked me at that morning's visit if I had been feeling the baby move, and I said I didn't think so. She didn't seem concerned, so I wasn't either. Then, I had no more walked in to my house and sat down at the desk when I felt his first movement. It felt like a cross between a muscle twitch and a vein sliding over a bone. I know that's gross, but that's how I can describe it. Now it feels like a MLS match inside. Goooooooooooooooooal!

Tomorrow I have another visit, and begin "rotations" with the other three Doctors. Every two weeks for the next two months I will have a visit. We are trying to decide whether or not to have the 3D ultrasound. I almost think I want to be surprised to see what he looks like. I have dreamt he has Dapo's nose and lips, but he probably has Dapo's everything.

We only have three months until we get to find out, anyhow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved every paragraph of the pregnancy update. I couldn't be happier that you are full of joy and believe that the Alabama congregation members who think he will come out singing, etc. are probably right!
I vote for Jimi as, shall we say, his primary given name. I even like the unique spelling.
Be abundantly blessed, Momma Eso.