Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Two More Months

I am beginning to get excited about the soon coming birth of our baby boy. He has grown so much and I think I have gained at least five pounds this time. I've been craving fruit and yogurt, and ice cream sometimes, but not as much. I am not able to eat as much at each sitting, because the baby just seems to be taking up ALL the room in my abdomen. So I'm back to smaller meals more often. Taking deep breaths are a luxury.

Sleeping is becoming a little more challenging. When I lay on my left side (which is what is recommended) the baby kicks like a freestyle swimmer until I turn onto my right side. Then, he pretty much stops kicking. I wonder if he might be laying sideways since I feel a big hard spot on my right side and the kicking on my left side. I figure the big spot is a head or bottom and the kicking is either hands or feet. Although, sometimes I feel him kick on my bladder or bowels, so maybe he is just flipping and turning. Sometimes I can see entire body parts move across my stomach. It is really a sight to behold. Last night I dreamt that a foot came out of my neck, and it was only me who was bewildered that such an event could occur. It was so vivid I could see the toes, heel, everything, only it did not break the skin. Everyone that I showed the protruding foot to just was like, yeah? so what? How bizzare.

I am VERY thankful that I've not experienced any of the symptoms most pregnant women complain of...heartburn, indigestion, constipation, hemorrhoids, etc. I've only had heartburn a couple of times at night. Nothing a couple of Tums couldn't take care of. The baby does lay on my back sometimes, but it doesn't HURT, it is just uncomfortable. Usually I can bend forward and my back will pop or the baby will move. My bladder feels like it is the size of a penny. I can go to the bathroom, sit down, and need to go again. It doesn't help that Mr. Funny Guy kicks my bladder. Interesting to note, though, that when I speak to him to move because he is hurting me or I can't breathe, he is obedient to do so. Now we know the baby takes after Dapo!

My last four week appointment is this Thursday, and then I begin go every other week until week 36. I will be 33 weeks on Friday the 1st. Now we begin counting in weeks towards July 21st. Throughout my pregnancy, I've been comparing notes with my mom who remembers her first baby (36 years ago). My brother, Dan, was her first child and was a boy as well. My entire pregnancy has been a lot like hers was in every way. Evidently he was 8 lbs and was born ON his due date. I was 10 lbs 12 oz. and was a month overdue. So, I'm glad to be carrying a boy. All of this is important to note, as I live 2,000 miles away from my mom and even further from Dapo's mom. My mom wants to come and be here when the baby is born. It takes a good 7 hrs to fly here from PDX, so if I go into labor before my due date she and my dad may not land until after the baby is born.

Well, I still have a ways to go. Stay tuned for the next Doctor's report.

No comments: