Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another Dr. Visit

Today we had another visit to the OB, Dr. DeLisle. He "checked" me and my cervix is closed, which is good. My stats were also good; blood pressure 120/74, I gained 2.5 lbs (a shocker considering I was sure I had gained 5 lbs.), and my uterus measured at 32 cm. The baby's heartbeat was a cool 155 and took a long time to find. This is because the child is rolled up into a ball underneath my ribs like a rolly polly. I've told Dapo that I feel like the baby is laying sideways across my abdomen. The nurse confirmed my suspicions as she spent quite some time trying to get him to let us hear his heartbeat, and then at the conclusion saying, "well, he is definitely not head first". He still has a couple of weeks to get that way, so I'm not worrying about it.

Evidently the kicking and punching I feel when I lay on my left side is no cause for concern and feeling the baby move is a positive occurance, even if it feels like he is fighting for his life. There also seems to be a slight hope left that the clarity reduction in my eyesight may be a result of the membranes being swollen due to pregnancy. If so, then I should regain some of my vision after delivery. Otherwise, it'll be a trip to the optomitrist for momma.

We go back and see our regular doctor, Dr. Rushing, on June 11th.

No comments: