Monday, June 16, 2008

Crazy Dreams

Thursday night I dreamt that an old boyfriend of mine, Pete, came to me. He had aged and looked more mature, with salt and pepper hair in the front. He went on to profess his love to me in great depth, and how if loving me was wrong he didn't want to be right. (Thanks, Conway). I was really caught up in his heart-felt speech, until I remembered I was married. I asked him if he had heard I had a baby boy last year. So, not only am I married, but I have kids to seal the deal.

That dream wouldn't be so strange if I had not dreamed about another old flame, Brooks the week before. He came back in, and courted me like the good ol' days. Just as it seems I was falling for him and he was asking for me back, I remembered I was married...happily, and turned him down.

Next, I had a dream that I was showing this guy to the pastor's office, and he shot the guy in front of me and shot at me also. I ducked and the bullet hit my shoulder (as an aside I have been having a strong shooting pain in my shoulder lately...which I think may have been happening while I was sleeping through this one). Thankfully Jimi was not with me, and neither was Dapo. Evidently this guy went all around the church shooting people, and in the parking lot, too. When I finally met up with some one familiar, it was a lady we go to church with, LaJoyce. In real life she is sweet as pie and always calls you "SUG". Anyhow, I met up with her and Dapo and she had blood all over her from helping victims. I had put on a coat after I was shot, and didn't want the medics to bother with me when there were otheres with life-threatening wounds. She made me take off my jacket, and I had lost a lot of blood from my shoulder. She had the medics come, and they asked me if anyone had removed the bullet yet. I said no, this was the first I'd seen of anyone, and they took a pair of tweezers and removed the bullet. The blood dried up and the pain went away.

I guess I should be thankful I am not running from tornadoes or actually cheating on my husband in any of these dreams but they are a little bothersome. Chalk it up to hormones.

No comments: