Monday, June 2, 2008

Wow, again?!

Friday, May 30, 2008

I have been having some strange thoughts lately. First I had been working in the yard a lot and getting sore. I usually would take ibuprofen, but just kept getting a feeling not to, and to take acetaminophen instead. Also, I was really rude to the receptionist at Jimi’s pediatrician’s office and as I was mulling over how I would apologize to her, I heard myself think, “I was so rude to you I took a test and as it turns out I’m also pregnant again”. I was at Costco and bought those Zipfizz energy shots. I kept getting a feeling NOT to buy them, but override that guidance since I have a very active son to keep up with and don’t like to drink hot drinks in the summer. I was contemplating why I would get that feeling and the only thing I could come up with was maybe I’d get pregnant before finishing them.

I have been thinking about how to get Jimi all of his nutritional requirements as a growing toddler. I was planning a list and put yogurt on it, as I thought “this will be good for Jimi and for me, since I like to eat yogurt while I’m pregnant”. Also, for several days I kept getting a feeling to take a test. Now, my cycle has not exactly been like clockwork since Jimi was born. TMI? Well, then get off my blog! J/K, here’s more info: my cycle came at 27, 29, 29, 32, 30, 32, 33 days. So, after the last couple of months, instead of getting my hopes up and back down again, I decided I wouldn’t even expect my period until 33 days. So, it had barely been 4 wks when I was having all of these thoughts.

I woke up on Saturday, May 24th, the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. It was early (630) but I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom. I got that feeling again to take a test and so I literally took the test to make the feeling of wanting to take a test go away. I said, I’ll take it, Lord, but I’m not pregnant. I heard a still, small voice inside me say, “yes, you are”.

So, I took the test and sat there a couple of minutes to prove how right I was. See, it’s just one pink line…wait, don’t tell me there’s another line?! Sure enough, two lines! I woke up Dapo, honey, wake up. What? I’m pregnant!

How exciting!

Mikal is already onto me! She has said in an IM, are you pregnant w/ #2 yet? And I replied, no, but you are. Now, I hadn’t taken the test yet at this point, but was already having the above things occurring. Second, after I did find out, I was honestly posting under my previous user name on blogger of preggers because I was too lazy to change it once I started a family blog. Mikal replied, why are you posting under preggers, I am both confused and curious. Way to go, Mikal. You sniffed it out!

ps to this, I'm having to post this to the blog because I have to turn in my work computer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A HA! I knew it!