Wednesday, June 25, 2008

January 29th

Now, for a real life update~! We went to the Doctor yesterday and saw the baby's heartbeat. I never get sick of seeing that. Truly amazing. I got the ok to continue playing softball, paint, sand, let Jimi kick me, pick him up for a very long time, get dental work and eat ice cream.

Alright, so I threw the last one in there. Dr. Rushing measured the length of the fetus and s/he is 8w5d gestation. I remember the last period I had and that was right on. The nurse gave me an EDD of Jan 30th, and Dr. Rushing gave an EDD of Jan 29th, with the tag, "of course you know what that means. [beat] nothing". That doc, always a jokester. I'm going with the earlier due date because...well, it's earlier.

Jimi's gestation on ultrasound was always a little off 1) because I didn't exactly remember the date of my last period and 2) I think he was secretly planning on coming early. Not that this one isn't, but you know. Jimi is full of surprises.

I was thinking today that how Jimi kicks today is the same way he kicked in the womb. He was VERY active the last 4 weeks or so, especially with his kicks. I am just in awe that he still kicks that way...and that my inerts were ever able to withstand such brutality!!

It just goes to show what a very special place mothers have in the life of a child. We get to know them 9 months before the rest of the world.

I feel pretty good. With the exception of doing silly things like putting the ice cream in the pantry and the cereal in the freezer, and saying things backwards. There are occassions when I TOTALLY have no idea I said something that several witnesses will swear I said. Somehow the words I were thinking didn't make it outside of my head...that type of thing.

I don't remember being so tired when I was pregnant with Jimi. Then again, I didn't have Jimi! Even when I take a two-hour nap it seems like I was only sleeping for 10 or 15 minutes. I really rely on naps because I don't always sleep well at night because of snoring, arm flailing and other bed-sharing hazards.

Well, Jimi is napping, so I'd better go take a shower while I can. Till next time!

No comments: